Technical pre-sales engineer
You will be working within a small, fast-moving team, primarily focussed on connecting with clients during their trial process, and assisting them with their installations, as well as post-sales support. The role will test your excellent technical skills, strong eye for customer experience, and attention to detail.
Snapt is a special kind of company: A South African-born, venture capitalist funded start-up whose services are being used all over the world. We have been disrupting the market since our launch in 2012 and have achieved year-on-year growth of 400% in both 2014 and 2015 and 10,000 customers stretching across 50 countries.
Snapt has an office in Johannesburg and Cape Town, South Africa as well as Atlanta, USA. We are a people first company that loves to work with, have fun with and grow motivated employees. Our company is small, agile and not a corporate.
We are looking for a technical pre-sales engineer focussed on the networking and virtualization field. You will need to:
- Handle pre-sales demos and client interactions.
- Trouble shoot deployment and configuration issues.
- Document knowledge in the form of guides, knowledge base articles, tech notes and support responses.
- Create and update product documentation.
- Communicate with potential and existing clients via telephone and emails.
- Be able to liaise on senior level, well spoken.
The ideal candidate would be someone who has a thirst for, is excited about learning new things in the Linux and networking world, and is comfortable doing demos and speaking to new clients.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English.
- Experience with webhosting or web services including Apache, Nginx, HAProxy, etc.
- 4 years' IT industry experience.
- Experience with networks, firewalls and DNS.
- Strong technical problem-solving skills especially in relation to networking, services and protocols.
- Must have existing Linux experience.
- Good people interface, team player.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfortable talking to both senior and non-senior technical employees as well as non-technical employee
- Willing to work flexi-hours including possibly in the evenings
- Virtualization experience (VMWare, Xen, KVM, Hyper-V, etc.)
- Advanced networking knowledge (TCP, IPv4/IPv6, etc.)
- Experience with technologies like load balancing, web acceleration.
- Existing experience using CRM systems.
- Willing to work flexi-hours to accommodate US clients.
- Computer & Linux hobbyist
- Desire to work with new and emerging technologies.
- Degree of self-autonomy
- Motivated and excited
- 20 leave days per year.
- Play a significant role in shaping the look and feel of one of the most vibrant tech start-ups in South Africa.
- Join a company that is an exciting blend of a vibrant start-up environment and professional operations in our brand-new offices in Cape Town.
- Enjoy flexible structures, flat hierarchies and motivated colleagues.
- Learn unique and valuable skills from experts in a USD 6 billion industry.
- Sick, personal and parental leave.
- Do things that no one else in Africa is doing!