IT Systems Engineer
Not feeling challenged at work?
We are offering an opportunity to work with the best and brightest whilst servicing some of the greatest companies in the world. We build, deploy and support cutting edge ADCs across the globe.
Snapt develops application delivery controllers designed for today and tomorrow. Our ADCs power some of the top 500 companies around the world and are deployed in traditional, hybrid and cloud-native environments.
For the IT Systems Engineer role we are looking for someone who is excited to be on the cutting edge, and is comfortable working in the public cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP etc.). The primary responsibility of this role will be deploying and supporting Snapt products for our clients and partners (remotely).
The successful candidate will take ownership of the deployment from conception to handover and ensure ongoing support across our client base. The ideal candidate would be excited about learning new things and is comfortable doing demos and speaking to new clients. This candidate will be highly technical, analytical, and have experience dealing with a range of clients from Enterprise to SMEs and everything between.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English.
- 4 years IT industry experience
- Virtualization experience (VMWare, Xen, KVM, Hyper-V, etc.)
- Experience with networks, firewalls and DNS
- Linux knowledge
- Experience with public clouds
- Strong technical problem-solving skills specifically focused on networking, services and protocols
- Must have existing Linux experience
- Strong people skills, team player
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable talking to both senior and non-senior technical employees as well as non-technical employee
- Willing to work flexi-hours including possibly in the evenings
- Experience with webhosting or web services including Apache, Nginx, HAProxy, etc.
- Experience with technologies like load balancing, web acceleration (F5, Kemp, TMG, A10, Citrix Netscaler).
- Willing to work flexi-hours to accommodate US clients.
- Experience with Public/Private cloud.
- Docker and K8s experience.
- Computer & Linux hobbyist
- Desire to work with new and emerging technologies
- Degree of self-autonomy
- Motivated and excited
- 20 leave days per year
- Play a significant role in shaping the look and feel of one of the most vibrant tech start-ups in South Africa
- Join a company that is an exciting blend of a vibrant start-up environment and professional operations in our brand-new offices in Cape Town
- Enjoy flexible structures, flat hierarchies and motivated colleagues
- Learn unique and valuable skills from experts in a USD 6 billion industry
- Sick, personal and parental leave
- Do things that no one else in Africa is doing!