Sales Development Representative (SDR) - South Africa
Snapt is an application delivery designed for today and tomorrow. We develop Application Delivery Controllers (ADCs) with load balancing, web acceleration, WAF, and GSLB for traditional, hybrid, and cloud-native environments. Snapt is on the bleeding edge of modern, software-centric, and cloud-native ADC solutions and is designed to help the next generation of makers build tomorrow's digital landmarks.
About the Role
We are looking for a Sales Development Representative located in the South African market with experience selling b2b high tech solutions, ideally in computer networking and security. As SDR you will be responsible for qualifying leads at the initial stages in the sales funnel and required to research potential clients, connect with and educate prospects, and qualify leads before handing them off to the closers of the sales team. Candidates must have strong interpersonal and communication skills across a variety of channels (email, social media, phone, etc.) as well as the skills to make a lasting impact on potential customers.
- Follow-up on inbound leads and provide appropriate information to foster lead relationships.
- Maintain detailed documentation and analysis of leads using CRM tools (eg Hubspot).
- Act as a subject matter expert on Snapt's application delivery controller (ADC) solutions.
- Research target leads and create an analysis of the prospect before handing them off to an Account Executive, Sales Director, or sales team.
- Educate leads on Snapt's ADCs and nurture them until they are qualified and ready to talk with an Account Executive, Sales Director, or the sales team.
- Qualify and engage sales leads, supplying leads with adequate information about Snapt's ADCs and providing the sales team with detailed information about the lead.
- Schedule appointments, demos and introduce leads to their new point of contact (Account Executive, Sales Director, or another salesperson, as applicable).
- Meet and exceed minimum activity metrics: 60 Dials, 10 conversations, and 60 emails per day
- Bachelor's degree in sales, marketing, market research, financial services, consulting, business development or client success.
- Must have 3-5 years of experience selling b2b high tech solutions, ideally in computer networking and security, or other relevant experience.
- Experience and competence with sales tools such as Hubspot.
- Proven track record for articulating a product/service and building rapport with prospects.
- Strong communication skills, including written, verbal, presentation and social media.
- Ability to pinpoint customer pain points and accurately assess the transactional value for both the company and customer.
- Self-motivated, tenacious, confident, independent and strong attention to detail.
- Schedule appointments, demos and introduce leads to their new Account Executive or Sales Director.