Solutions Architect - US
Snapt is an application delivery designed for today and tomorrow. We develop Application Delivery Controllers (ADCs) with load balancing, web acceleration, WAF, and GSLB for traditional, hybrid, and cloud-native environments. Snapt is on the bleeding edge of modern, software-centric, and cloud-native ADC solutions and is designed to help the next generation of makers build tomorrow's digital landmarks.
About the Role
We are searching for a Solutions Architect who is a master builder of systems architecture and structures, from research and development to implementation—and you know how to meet the needs of the various departments who depend on your innovation. You will be an essential part of our software development cycle, supporting the design team and working in conjunction with the development team to bring/scale software projects to completion. You are solutions-oriented while being skilled at translating functional specifications that can affect systems guidelines and look out to connect our software projects to enterprise-level systems. As a Solutions Architect, you will also know how to assess systems to identify potential issues or opportunities for improvement and ensure the final product meets the design team's projections. Plus, you're good at project management and keeping related departments in the loop on the process or answering their various questions while maintaining a solid focus on the end goal.
- Work in collaboration with delivery teams to better analyze customer and business requirements to understand consumers and the broader range of stakeholders.
- Select the most appropriate architectures to meet the requirements. Adjust and optimize the architecture most suitable to meet the needs.
- Lead research and development strategies to successfully deliver solution blueprints & associated roadmaps
- Design detailed feasibilities & business cases.
- Conduct solution reviews against defined business metrics and ensure the ongoing
achievement of business results through solution implementation.
- Understand project and business requirements and deliver IT solutions, architectural designs, and technical specifications.
- Evaluate project and vendor solutions according to business requirements and recommend the appropriate product or software solutions. Due consideration for the technology fit from an end-to-end architectural perspective.
- Assess current system architecture and identify opportunities for growth and improvement, communicating those needs to relevant departments.
- Continuous monitoring of project scope, including budget development and managing timelines.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Software Engineering or a related field.
- Over three years experience in the same or related role (experience in project management is a plus).
- Strong experience with software architecture design and engineering, with a history of providing effective software solutions and knowledge of design patterns.
- Firm understanding of the software development lifecycle, from conception to launch.
- Exceptional communication skills, with the ability to translate complex information to various audiences.
- Able to work with a team or independently as required.
- Good understanding of Unix-like operating systems (Ubuntu, RHEL, OEL, Suse, etc.)
- Comfortable with various networking protocols and topologies. (TCP, SSL, IPv4, etc.)
- Experience with public/private cloud architecture.
- Good presentation skills.
- Virtualization Experience (VMWare, Xen, KVM, Hyper-V, etc.)
- Experience with application development methodology and software development lifecycle processes
- Knowledge of Project management principles.
- Knowledge of Unified Modeling Language.
- Experience with Webhosting or web services including Apache, Nginx, HAProxy, etc.
- Development Skills (preferably PHP, Go)
- Network Diagrams
Highly Advantageous Skills:
- Experience with load balancing-, web acceleration- or ADC-technologies (F5, Kemp, Citrix, Barracuda)
- Docker and K8's experience
- Knowledge of the following technologies:
- PHP Frameworks