Technical pre-sales engineer
Not feeling challenged at work?
Work with the best and brightest selling into and supporting some of the greatest companies in the world. We build, deploy and support cutting edge ADCs across the globe.
Providing the highest level of support of any ADC on the market and working closely with the likes of AWS, MS Azure, Red Hat, Docker, GCP and Nutanix this is a unique opportunity for the right candidate.
Technical Pre-Sales requires you to be a Snapt evangelist, leading technical discussions on sales calls. Working closely with clients to setup POCs, Incident management and technical document creation, while driving projects related to product and the company.
The right person will be highly technical, analytical, and have experience dealing with clients from Enterprise companies to SMEs and anything in between.The ideal candidate would be someone who has a thirst for, is excited about learning new things in the Linux and networking world, and is comfortable doing demos and speaking to new clients.
The ideal candidate would be someone who has a thirst for, is excited about learning new things in the Linux and networking world, and is comfortable doing demos and speaking to new clients.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English.
- Experience with webhosting or web services including Apache, Nginx, HAProxy, etc.
- 4 years' IT industry experience.
- Experience with networks, firewalls and DNS.
- Strong technical problem-solving skills especially in relation to networking, services and protocols.
- Must have existing Linux experience.
- Good people interface, team player.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfortable talking to both senior and non-senior technical employees as well as non-technical employee
- Willing to work flexi-hours including possibly in the evenings
- Virtualization experience (VMWare, Xen, KVM, Hyper-V, etc.)
- Advanced networking knowledge (TCP, IPv4/IPv6, etc.)
- Experience with technologies like load balancing, web acceleration.
- Existing experience using CRM systems.
- Willing to work flexi-hours to accommodate US clients.
- Computer & Linux hobbyist
- Desire to work with new and emerging technologies.
- Degree of self-autonomy
- Motivated and excited
- 20 leave days per year.
- Play a significant role in shaping the look and feel of one of the most vibrant tech start-ups in South Africa.
- Join a company that is an exciting blend of a vibrant start-up environment and professional operations in our brand-new offices in Cape Town.
- Enjoy flexible structures, flat hierarchies and motivated colleagues.
- Learn unique and valuable skills from experts in a USD 6 billion industry.
- Sick, personal and parental leave.
- Do things that no one else in Africa is doing!